Help matching Google Sheets row with Clickup Task via Custom Field Value

Describe the issue/error/question

New n8n user and I’m trying to accomplish the following:

• Watch Google Sheets for updates to a document
  • When triggered, get all tasks from a Clickup list
  • If there is a task with a matching field value (Invoice number), update the task
  • If there is not a matching task, create a new task

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

The IF node does not match (return TRUE) on any items, even though there should be. The Google Sheet column is 'Invoice Number" and the Clickup task field is a custom field (short text) named “Invoice Number”

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.212.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Do I have the correct approach to this? How can I compare a Google Sheets column with a Clickup custom field? Thank you!

Hi @ridiz, welcome to the community :tada:

What’s most likely happening here is that your Google Sheets Trigger node and your Get All Invoices node return a different number of items. I’ve described the problem and a way to work around this over here:

tl;dr you probably want to use something like {{ $("Google Sheets Trigger").first().json["Invoice Number"] }} in your IF node to always read the first (and only item) from your Google Sheets Trigger node.

Give me a shout if you still run into any errors with this :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’ve decided to take a different approach that bypasses the need for google sheets, but I’m going to keep playing with this as it might come in handy in the future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.