How can I do an OAuth authorization on the "Google Contacts OAuth2 API" externally?

Describe the problem/error/question

Hello, how can I connect to 3rd party accounts in the workflow where I use the Google Contacts API?

For example, I can connect/grant permission to my own Google account by going to “Credentials > Connect” on the N8N dashboard and it works great.
However, my question is: how can a person give me permission so that I can create or search for a contact from him without that person having to access the N8N panel, that is, an external authorization?

I thought I could perform this authorization request via the N8N API, but I couldn’t and I don’t know if it’s really possible.

If all this is possible, how can I also select a specific Google authorization for each workflow run?

Thanks in advance for your attention!

What is the error message (if any)?

Share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow, respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

n8n configuration information

• n8n version:
  • Database you are using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the run process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop application]:

Hey @Sulivan_Santos,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

You would need to give the user access to the credentials section of n8n or generate the sign in link outside of it. This kind of setup may require a license agreement as well so could be something to think about.

Hello @Jon

Thanks for your attention.

But how or what tools can I create the login link outside of n8n?
Because I tried to generate the authorization link directly to Google and it didn’t work well.

Is it possible to connect more than one Google Contacts account, for example, to the credentials section? If so, should I create a workflow for each connected Google account or is it possible to dynamically select a specific account?

Sorry for so many questions, I’m new here and I’m really excited.

Hey @Sulivan_Santos,

That one I don’t have an answer for, I thought I had found something before to do it but I can’t find it now. You can have more than credential for each account but you can’t have multiple accounts under the same credential.

This does mean setting a credential in a workflow dynamically is also somewhat tricky as I don’t think we actually support that anymore in a lot of nodes so it would be case of having a different workflow for each user.