How can i remove "merge" modules?

I created a flow where I check files on a SFTP server and convert them into import requests which I post to a graphql endpoint.

if I do operations like rename on the SFTP i have to use a merge module, tell it to wait on all inputs and use the second one because if I just put the SFTP rename module in it will replace my current data context with a simple “true” - the result of the SFTP rename module.

Is there a smarter way doing it? I know i can access values of previous executions by their name but it would be really nice if nodes could just add their results to the current context?

Same issue with the HTTP get which creates my token. I can’t use the built in OAUTH functionality because I have to set some fields in the body (tenant id for example) and this is not supported by the oauth settings.

Bonus question: I moved the wait to the end of the flow because it stops executing after the merge node if i execute like this. Is this intended?

Bonus question #2: the wait does not seem to work, did I do something incorrect?

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: cloud version
  • Database (default: SQLite): ??
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): ??
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): cloud
  • Operating system: ??

workflow

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:
1 Like