How do I remove empty lines

Describe the problem/error/question

How do I remove [undefined] lines in expression? My goal is to remove empty lines that have no data.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

Woocommerce orders ----> Discord channel message

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: Latest
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system:

Welcome to the community @woon8n!

Sadly very hard to answer that question without more context. How does the incoming data look like? Can you please provide an example. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the welcoming. sorry for the late response looks like I didn’t have email alerts set to always on. Here is a image of the data I’m trying to use.

Hi @woon8n, you can probably use the conditional operator to solve this problem. Check if your field is “truthy” (meaning not undefined, null, etc). If so, return the actual field value with a line break, if not return an empty string instead.

Something like this (of course instead of ... you want to use your full expression, I just couldn’t copy it from your screenshot):

{{ $('WooCommerce Trigger').item... ? $('WooCommerce Trigger').item... + "\n" : "" }}

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.