How to access exported workflows

Hi all,

I have successfully exported all of my workflows using the CLI command, but now I don’t know how to “download” them to my desktop? Sorry but I am a complete noob when it comes to SQL.

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 0.210.2
  • **Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • **Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Sounds less like SQL, and more like Docker and is an issue unrelated to n8n.

You have to understand that if something runs in Docker, it is like a second totally independent computer. So one can not see the files of the other unless you configure them accordingly.

Meaning you either have to export the workflows to a folder that is already mounted (that is what it is called in Docker when both share a folder) or you have to create a new mount.

One folder that is mounted by default on both systems is ~/n8n, as that is where n8n keeps its files. So you could export it to that folder.

A new mount can be done (in docker-compose) in the section “volumes”:

volumes:
      - /your/host/folder:/folder/in/docker

Generally, really always warn self-hosting n8n for production use without proper experience doing so. Especially without any experience with Docker. That is dangerous and always results in major downtime and/or data loss. The right option there is n8n cloud, as then our DevOps team is taking care of that.

1 Like

Thanks Jan,

Your tips really helped me out. I managed to achieve what I’ve wanted.

That is great to hear!

Have fun!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.