How to get POST body data from a webhook

I have a POST webhook set up on local machine. How can I get it so I can pass body data as JSON to the webhook and then use that data in another node? Much thanks.

Actually, as soon as you have created the Webhook-Node and saved the workflow you are able to do exactly that. Nothing else needed.

So not sure how to help you exactly. The best is probably to check out these tutorial videos. They go over the basics of n8n and also show how the Webhook-Node works. I am sure after you did watch them you know exactly what to do.

1 Like

Hi, I receive to Webhooks node post request from cloud Jira. But json don’t view in n8n. In json must be detail issue in cloud jira. Please help get json

Sorry I do not understand what you mean. Can you please provide more information.

in jira cloud, I configured sending a webhook when the due date field changes and sending information on the task to the message body. in n8n, I configured a webhook node that accepts requests from jira cloud. But the webhock node does not display the receiving json

Is there a reason why you are not using the Jira-Trigger node?

No matter what, do you use the Test-Webhook and is the workflow running and so waiting for the Webhook call?

I tried to make an appeal to test webhook first - it worked. Switched to prod - it works. Fantasy.

Jira trigger has no custom field change event

Ah great to hear that it works now. Have fun!

This is so helpful. Thank you guys so much.