How to insert Data into SeaTable?

Describe the issue/error/question

I try to import BigQuery Data into SeaTable and create the entries afterwards, but I don’t know how to do it. The Docs are quite rare in that sense. How would I need to configure the parameters for intitially importing and then updating the list created?

The create looks like this:

The update like this:

Problem

The list remains empty in every way I try to use it:

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.170.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): postgreSQL
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: VM on Google Cloud, installed via NPM

Hey @mtruss,

I suspect it works like some of the database nodes, With the data coming out of BigQuery do any of the values use the same field name as what you have in SeaTable or are they different?

Where you have the Define Below option set you should be able to input the column name and for the value use an expression to use the value from the previous node.

Hey @jon,

I followed your steps and it worked for me to Create Rows. 4 questions:

1. Can I simply update the docs for SeaTable to makes this knowledge accessible?

2. Can I create an initial insert & then update with this setting?
    I just noticed though that compared to Airtable (SeaTable Clone), it offers different options.
    AirTable:

• Append the data to a table
  • Delete data from a table
  • List data from a table
  • Read data from a table
  • Update data in a table

SeaTable only:

• Create
  • Delete
  • Get
  • Get All
  • Update

As far I can see, there is no “append” for SeaTable or is this the “Create” and the naming convention is just mixed? Same goes for “List”, is this the same as “Get”?

1. What would I need to do in terms of my workflow to import the data once initially and then make updates once 1 day in case some value changes or new entries in BigQuery are added ?

2. Is a Topic with Category Feature Request the best way to request features and how long will it take to get some sort of feedback?

Hey @mtruss,

1. Of course you can, The documentation can be found here: GitHub - n8n-io/n8n-docs: n8n Documentation

2. Looking at the node and the Seatable API docs it looks like there is no “create” for rows so it should be an Append

3. That is a tricky one as it all depends on the data, The initial input should be a 2 node flow like what you have but for incremental / scheduled updates it would be a case of maybe running a query that only returns recently modified records then using a Get All in Seatable and using a couple of merge nodes to work out what has changed and what is new and process from there.

4. Yes Feature requests for new features, It gets tricky on feedback as it depends on what it is but our normal process is to have a look at how popular it might be and look at the votes and during our roadmap sessions we then take a look and see if it is something we can fit in with the other bits we are working on.