How to take displayName from attendees in Google Calendar node?

Describe the question

So I get calendar events and I need to take names of attendees, and node can’t provide me displayName item, only email and responseStatus.

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.189.1
  • Database you’re using: SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process: own
  • Running n8n via: Docker

Hey @shimaper, the Google Calendar API doesn’t seem to return this information in all cases. I suppose you could try using the Google Directory API to find information about users in your own workspace, but there is no pre-built node for this I am afraid.

Hello, thank you for responding, I though there is displayName in Google Calendar API, I found this structure:

{
  "items": [
    {
      "attendees": [
        {
          "email": "### email ###",
          "displayName": "### name ###",
          "responseStatus": "#####"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

Yeah, I noticed that too. It actually seems to be available for some events (just chatting with @rdt about it), but I have no clue when the API returns the displayName and when it doesn’t. n8n is not removing any properties though.

Hm, okay, so only way is just parse the name from email address. And I found that fetching calendar in API (not event) can provide me attendees names but only for attendees for calendar, not event. Thanks for responding again

No worries, sorry I didn’t have anything more helpful to share here. This problem is mentioned a few times on the internet (outside of n8n context), but I couldn’t see a definitive explanation or resolution for it :frowning:

1 Like