Hubspot trigger creds

I’m totally confused by the documentation here

I set them all

When I connect, should I choose my account, or dev account?

Either way it says

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

I have ticked every scope.

and still

@bally , I’m using App Token authentication. Pretty straightforward and works without any issues. Perhaps you can try that.

1 Like

I created a private app and I have a token.

I guess I am a bit confused why we have two ways of connecting to it

I can’t use the private app for triggers it looks like we are supposed to use webhooks instead but for some reason I cannot get a webhook through to my synology n8n docker. Something somewhere along the line must be blocking it
:frowning:

however I was able to create a deal so that’s one part of the problem solved.

The other part I’m thinking of doing a workflow where I scanned business cards using the HubSpot app and then do some processing in n8n. And because this syncs with Google Contacts then everything can be done clean.

Most likely you would need to use HTTP Request node for that, which implies getting to know HubSpot API. Mind you there is also legacy API. You might need to check both and see which one can serve you best:

Thanks for that. I’m guessing we are unable to use those client libraries

I’m quite new to HS so I’m not sure if this is even possible, do you know if i can add emails to a deal?

@bally , unfortunately, I’m not much familiar with HubSpot either. When you say “add emails to a deal” do you imply associating the deal with email? In this case you would need to use HubSpot Associations API. In particular note association type ID value for “deal to email” association, which is 209.

From my usage of the actual website in the last week I believe there are two components to associating an email.

Firstly the email must be sent to the system. We can do this manually via a button in Gmail that is provided by the plug in. Obviously we cannot automate this. The other option is abcc email address which is associated with my account. I feel like this might be an option however I cannot work out how to forward an email. The only places I can see sending an email using some input such as reading the email from the Gmail node. This will not work because the email will be logged as today’s email and the previous email thread content.

If I was able to solve that first part then I think maybe it is that associations API to link the email to a deal.

It feels rather overwhelming it takes me days to work with an API to only get it half working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.