I can't start n8n on a fresh database

Hey @phpguru, @Jon

Has anyone found any solution to this problem with the Digital Ocean hosted MySQL database?
Having the same issue with DO hosted MySQL database.

Thanks in advanced

DO’s MySQL version is too new. I had to install my own MySQL 5.7 on a droplet.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @phpguru. But the thing is um tested it with lates mysql docker container and all work fine. That seem strange. Just as you mentioned it create some tables on the database as well. (That implies no problem with connecting to the DB)

@Jon Any thoughts?

It’s been awhile so maybe it wasn’t the MySQL version but the DO-managed MySQL requires a connection encrypted by TLS whcih N8N doesn’t do yet?

I was not able to use the DO-managed MySQL, was my main point. I just created my own droplet (even though I would’ve much preferred to use the managed service) because my assignment was time sensitive.

Glad to hear that you found a solution. But as mentioned here I would strongly recommend to use Postgres instead of MySQL:

Hey @jan
Do u have any insight about what the reason it’s not working with Digital Ocean Managed MySQL? I’ve tested it with latest MySQL docker container and it was working fine.
Since it’s creating some tables on the DB seems the connection also fine. What is wrong with migrations?

Um really eager to hear your thoughts : ) Thanks in advanced!

Sorry, do sadly have no idea. Honestly do not have any deep knowledge about MySQL and even less about the managed version of Digital Ocean. So can sadly not be of any help here except my above recommendation not to use it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.