I get an error when folli=owing the tutorial to try and program my own node

I am following the tutorial to create a node. Tutorial: Build a programmatic-style node | n8n Docs. During the part where you declare imports, you are tasked with importing IExecuteFunctions from ‘n8n-core’. At this point I am presented with an error, stating that there is no such exported member in n8n-core. Does anyone know what’s causing this or how to resolve it? Similarily, it cannot find the module ‘request’ when you have to import OptionWithUri from said module.

Error message:
“n8n-core”’ has no exported member named ‘IExecuteFunctions’. Did you mean ‘getExecuteFunctions’?

Cannot find module ‘request’ or its corresponding type declarations.

I am running it using npm in VSCode. Node version: v18.16.0

Thank you in advance.

Hi @TheLoneWolf13 :wave: Welcome to the community :tada:

Maybe our resident node builder @marcus can help you out with this when he’s back on Wednesday after the public holiday in Germany? :slight_smile:

Hey @TheLoneWolf13,
can you try importing IExecuteFunctions from n8n-workflow like this:

We also have an n8n-nodes-starter on github that comes with example programmative and declarative nodes implemented.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reaction, the suggested solution works. That being said, it does mean that the tutorial for programmatic nodes on the n8n-docs has some outdated/incorrect data.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.