IMAP Email error

Hey, i’m getting this error on the IMAP Email node, why?

Error message

“Converting circular structure to JSON → starting at object with constructor ‘Object’ — property ‘issuerCertificate’ closes the circle”

Workflow

• n8n version: 0.157.1
  • Running n8n via: windows desktop app

Hey @xray, I am really sorry to hear you’re encountering this behaviour. I quickly gave this a go on n8n v0.157.1, but didn’t run into the problem you have described and could instead fetch my emails as usual:

So I suspect it might be related to your specific email or possibly IMAP server, making this very hard to diagnose. As a first step, could you try a different email provider (in this example I was using Telekom mail, but there are of course countless alternatives out there) to verify whether the specific IMAP server might cause a problem here?

Hey @MutedJam that really fixed it, thanks!
I never thought that could be a problem.

Nice, I am glad to hear this works and that this is a feasible approach for you. Would you mind sharing which email provider you were previously using (if it’s a public one)? I would like to run some more tests when I have some time to see if I can reproduce the error and investigate further.

The one that didn’t work was the Mailserver that comes with the shared hosting plan on bluehost.com

Thanks so much!