So I think I got something.
While debugging this locally, I accidentally left the Action parameter as “Mark as read” (Thanks Obama!)
This not so obviously marked all my 6K unread email as read, since the imap-simple pulls all unread emails when it firsts connects
After this point, the workflow started working. Not perfectly, but working.
So what can I conclude, without debugging this any further since I no longer have 6K unread emails
- It’s possible that the Read Email can’t deal with 6K unread emails
- It’s possible that the Matrix node simply doesn’t allow sending 6K messages (I would expect a failure here, but none was ever introduced)
- The Read Email trigger is bugged, when it connects, it always triggers the
onmail event, however we probably want to ignore this first event trigger since we didn’t received any email.
- If I leave the Action as “Nothing”, Im now receiving in Matrix as many messages as the number of unread emails that I have in my mailbox, so it’s receiving repeated messages (See attached screenshot), this means that over time, the workflow will stop working (see point 1), either this is a bug, or the trigger needs a better description of what is does.
- The executions window, is not particularly helpful if all executions start at exactly the same hour, at least it keeps showing repeatedly a past execution.
- It would be nice to be able to configure the polling interval
it keeps incrementing executions of Simple Node Forwarder, even though that was cancelled.
Noticed the repeated messages, those are unread emails. Also, the test number 4 and test number 5 were sent at the same time, but I only received the number 4, the fifth email only showed up in the next poll trigger.
As before, I will try to provide any info you ask for.