Invalid credentials (Failure) when upgrade from 0.163.1 to 0.205.0 or 0.209.4

Hello,

These Errors appears when update n8n from 0.163.1 to 0.205.0 or 0.209.4

Activation of workflow “IMAP Flow” did fail with error: “There was a problem activating the workflow: “Invalid credentials (Failure)”” | retry in 128 seconds “{\n workflowId: ‘84’,\n workflowName: ‘IMAP Flow’,\n file: ‘ActiveWorkflowRunner.js’,\n function: ‘retryFunction’\n}”`

→ Activation of workflow “Email Flow” (74) did fail with error: “There was a problem activating the workflow: “Invalid credentials (Failure)”” | retry in 128 seconds “{\n workflowId: ‘74’,\n workflowName: ‘Email Flow’,\n file: ‘ActiveWorkflowRunner.js’,\n function: ‘retryFunction’\n}”`

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hello @MohammedBasha94

better updating to the latest version instead of some 2-years-old one :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • **n8n version: 0.209.4
  • Database (default: SQLite): PostgreSQL
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): How i can know that ?
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • **Operating system: Linux

I would upgrade to the latest release first and check to see if you can open the credential in n8n.

Hello,

Thanks @Jon @barn4k for replying.

could you please inform me if there are any versions that include breaking changes? If there are, could you provide details on what those changes are

Also, If i will upgrade to latest version, should update directly from 0.163.1 to latest or should performing the upgrade in stages (e.g., from 0.163.1 to 0.190.0 and so on to latest) ?

Thanks

check this guide