IP change using n8n with docker compose and Digital Ocean

Describe the issue/error/question

Possible to use Floating IPs with docker compose?

What is the error message (if any)?

Hi all, curious how n8n works with docker compose in digital ocean for example. If I would have have to setup this for multiple users and I would need to setup different ips due to some tools blocking the traffic (E.g. Google or AWS), how would this work? Would n8n work well with floating IPs, or would there have to be a special setup? Thank you very much.

Hi @Jorge_M, n8n itself doesn’t require a static IP (unless you have specified one in N8N_LISTEN_ADDRESS or other environment variables). So from n8n side this should work fine, though I have not tried this first hand yet.

1 Like

Hi @MutedJam ,
Don’t think so, I followed strictly this configuration: Docker - n8n Documentation :slight_smile: .

Thanks.

Hi @Jorge_M, so you’re simply running n8n via docker run -it --rm --name n8n -p 5678:5678 -v ~/.n8n:/home/node/.n8n n8nio/n8n? I don’t see how a changing IP might cause any trouble with this.

Which error exactly are you seeing?

1 Like

Hi @MutedJam,
Apologies for the late reply, I didn´t test. But was just a “Pre-launch” question, since a lot of different users would be using AWS, and different accounts coming from same server IP, if this would be blocked at some point. Then I had the idea if using floating IPs would solve that issue. Thank you :slight_smile: .

1 Like