Is it possible to remove Executions, that have not reached a specific node?

Describe the issue/error/question

I have a couple of workflows, that run on cron. Let’s say the workflow checks an FTP server, if there’s a file on there, it will download and process that file.
Now I am very interested in checking the executions that happened with a file found on the FTP, but I would like to get rid of all the executions, that just checked the FTP and then exited, because there was no file.
Can I implement that somehow? Any help would be highly appreciated!

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.220.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite / Mariadb (Migrating right now)
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker
1 Like

Hi @TadDancer, welcome to the community :tada:

Execution data is stored in the execution_entity table which you could query and then delete rows as needed.

I don’t have any experience with querying MariaDB though, so can’t provide a ready-to-run query I am afraid.

But perhaps you find it easier to handle the check in one workflow, and the download and processing in a second workflow started from the first one (using the Execute Workflow node)? This way you could easily look at the execution data of just the second workflow and ignore the first one.

Hi @MutedJam,

thank you very much for the quick response! The second proposed solution is actually pretty smart, I think I’ll do it that way.
This post can be marked as solved if it isn’t already, thanks!

1 Like

Glad to hear this helps, thanks so much for confirming :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.