Issue in v193.0 when uploading to S3

We currently have N8N running in a K8’s cluster and are able to pull files from S3 yet we cannot upload them to S3. We did not have this problem on v191.x. Any ideas? We get the following error info…

NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
    at Object.awsApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Aws/S3/GenericFunctions.js:28:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async Object.awsApiRequestSOAP (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Aws/S3/GenericFunctions.js:43:22)
    at async Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Aws/S3/AwsS3.node.js:524:44)
    at async Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/src/Workflow.js:598:28)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:552:53

{

“context”: {

},

“name”: “NodeApiError”,

“cause”: {

“message”: “connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:80”,

“name”: “Error”,

“stack”: “Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:80 at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1247:16)”,

“code”: “ECONNREFUSED”

},

“timestamp”: 1662149179384,

“message”: “UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information”,

“node”: {

“parameters”: {

“resource”: “file”,

“operation”: “upload”,

“bucketName”: “Bucket name removed for security”,

“fileName”: “testJay.txt”,

“binaryData”: false,

“fileContent”: “test upload”,

“additionalFields”: {…}, // 0 keys

“tagsUi”: {…} // 0 keys

},

“id”: “f071e33f-abf9-4221-a1f1-a415841e248c”,

“name”: “Upload a file”,

“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.awsS3”,

“position”: [

],

“typeVersion”: 1,

“retryOnFail”: false,

“credentials”: {

“aws”: {…} // 2 keys

}

},

“httpCode”: “ECONNREFUSED”,

“description”: “connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:80”

}

hi @Timothy_Elder

There were some issues with 193. please update to 193.3 to see if that solves your issue.

Upgraded to 193.3 and it gave us the same error

Thats too bad. Reverting the version to a working state would be the only option for now I guess. Untill someone way smarter than me can check this one out.

Hey @Timothy_Elder,

That looks to be a network error and for some reason it is trying to connect to localhost which normally means a proxy is in use or there is an empty url I know we did make some tweaks to the AWS nodes in 193 and a couple of actions were broken but I have not seen this error yet.

If you go back to the older version does it still work and just to rule it out can you double check the network setup and see if a proxy is at play?

1 Like