Issue with 1.30.1

We upgraded a production server from 1.15(ish) to 1.30.1 and got this error on a workflow and all kinds of weird behaviour with webhooks not working properly.
Not sure what the issue was but a revert to 1.15 didn’t work because of the db migration(s) and then we tried 1.27.3 and luckily it is all working fine again.
Logs do not show any extra migrations or whatever from the 1.27.3 version.

So not sure what went wrong, but we cannot really test as it is a production instance.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.30.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): postgres (RDS)
  • license: Enterprise startup
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu

Hello @BramKn thanks for reporting the issue.

Would you happen to have the migration logs for 1.30.1?

On our internal environments the upgrade was successful. I’m concerned maybe the upgrade was unsuccessful for some reason, causing those issues.

We do see the errors above if we try downgrading, since those are irreversible changes we have been doing, but we haven’t seen any issues upgrading normally.

Also are you running queue mode? Perhaps one or more of your nodes were still running a previous version? If this happens it is somewhat expected you’d see this, since previous versions of n8n would expect a different database schema.

Thanks for the reply @krynble

I will try to get those loggs this week.
The migration is done in 1.27 right? As far as I can see in the logs it didn’t do the migration again when we updated to 1.27.3.

When downgrading the error was different as it was looking for the fields that were changed I guess.
Also those errors were in the log when booting the server not when trying to start a flow. Which is what happened with the 1.30.1 errors.

It is Queue mode indeed, they should all have been on the latest version. Also it was giving errors on all flows, which would be a huge coincidence if it was using the same worker node(s) every time.

Will have a look for those logs and get back to you.

1 Like