Jira Integration [GOT CREATED]

An integration for Jira should be added:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/rest-apis/

I have some expertise working with JIRA REST API and I’m interested on implement this Node, but I’m totally new on n8n.

There is a boileplate or documentation regarding custom nodes?

1 Like

Maybe this: GitHub - n8n-io/n8n-nodes-starter: Example starter module for custom n8n nodes.

@possebon Thanks a lot that would be great! Actually wanted to create an integration in April myself and asked Atlassian for a license to do so as I do not use Jira myself. Sadly were they not very helpful so I created another integration instead. Guess you have a license and so hopefully do not have the same problem I did face :wink:

You can find some documentation about node creation here:

Apart from that, it is always a good idea to look at other similar integrations and how they are build to make sure that all nodes work in a similar manner. That could be in this case for example Asana and Pipedrive:

You can either take any of the above as a starting point or create a boilerplate node with the n8n-node-dev CLI. There is also some documentation about some of the parameters. I have to move all of that together to one location at some point.

@clempat The n8n-nodes-starter package was mainly meant for companies to create their own internal node package for nodes that connect to internal tools or services. Normally nodes should live in “nodes-base” that they are available to people directly without having to install additional packages. Another reason to create a separate n8n nodes package would be if the nodes are only helpful for very few people and/or depend on large additional dependencies.

Ok, great. Thanks for the information @jan and @clempat.

I’ll take a look on the documentation and let’s see what I can accomplish.

Typescript and n8n are both new to me, I usually develop on Python, but it’s always good to learn new skills.

If you have problems simply reach out. I know the documentation is still far from being complete or comprehensive. So are more than happy to help with everything that comes up.

Sure, I’ll. I always wanted collaborate in a open source project, and I think that n8n can be the opportunity. n8n piqued my interest because there are some commonalities of solutions that I have been developing for the last 2 years.

I can help in documentation too. I don’t have too much free time, but I can spare few hours/week to help n8n in some way.

As I mentioned before, technically I don’t have yet the skills, but I have motivation and interest to help.

@possebon that would be just great! Honestly is the none technical part the thing help is needed the most right now. I can still do much of it as I am I currently still the one with the most experience with n8n and so also reasonably fast. And let’s also be honest writing documentation is really not my strong suit and me not being a native English speaker does not make it much better. Having proper documentation, tutorials and similar is, however, one of the most important things for a project like this. So no matter how much time you have if it is just one hour once or an hour a week it would be very appreciated!

Btw. n8n is not “OSI approved open source”. There is currently a whole lot of discussion because of the term “open source”. Currently in the process of finding a better term. Anyway here is the explanation in the current docs:

Just that you are aware of it.

I see a lot of people are interested in a Jira integration. Can you please tell me what functionality it would have to support. Thanks!

@jan gonna work on this!

2 Likes

@RicardoE105 created it. Thanks a lot!

Got released with [email protected]

1 Like

@jan
Would it be possible to add the ability to fetch all issues matching a certain search (JQL) query?
E.g. The get issues node, with the following JQL parameter project = n8n and status = Open and assignee = ajay.john, should return all open issues assigned to me.

@ajayjohn Yeah that is possible. This endpoint will do the work https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/#api-rest-api-2-search-get.

ok @ajayjohn just added the search you were interested in. Jan will let you know when is released.

2 Likes

Got released with [email protected]

1 Like

@RicardoE105
Somehow I am unable to get the GET ALL option in the Jira node working. It did work find earlier.
Irrespective of whether I specify any JQL or now, here is the error I get.
ERROR: StatusCodeError: 301 - undefined

Error: StatusCodeError: 301 - undefined
    at Object.jiraSoftwareCloudApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Jira/GenericFunctions.js:39:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)

Given below are the parameters I am setting. Could you please suggest what I could be doing wrong?

@ajayjohn just checked and it’s working just fine for me. The only thing that comes to mind is the credentials. Double-check that and make sure you are using the right version since there are two options the hosted and self-hosted one.

I did check that again. I am using the right credentials and settings as other operations like getting a specific issue with an issue key seems to work fine. The error only comes up when I try to use GET ALL.
I am not sure what is going wrong :frowning:

That is really weird. Is it possible that you can create a user for me so that I can test? You can delete it after the issue is resolved.

I apologize for the delayed response. I away from home for the past few days.
I was able to resolve the issue in the mean time. The issue was caused by my Jira URL in my credentials being http:// and not https://

Thanks for offering to help though!

1 Like