Jira Software dynamic fields for Project, Priority, Issue Type, Assignee etc for create issue

Hello!

I’m using a POST webhook to send parameters to create an Jira Software issue using cloud API. I’d like to send project, priority, summary, assignee issue type as part of my POST request to create a new issue.

When I try to use expression for the above fields to extract data from webhook node, It seems only accept summary field dynamically and the rest needs to be statically added during workflow creation.

I get the following for Project when using expression, for example

{{$node[“Webhook”].json[“body”][“project”]}}

results in,

Issues:

• The value “projectx” is not supported!

and on workflow execution, results in,

ERROR: Bad request - please check your parameters
400 - {“errorMessages”:[],“errors”:{“project”:“Specify a valid project ID or key”}}

I’m new to n8n and would like to know if I’m overlooking something or if there is any way to solve this.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the community @ajchida

Are you sending the project name of the project ID? Because what needs to be set in the expression is the project id.

Newer Jira projects do not have ID of the project in the URL anymore. The Project key does not work either on n8n although the error mentions either ID or key.

I was able to retrieve the Jira project ID from the API as mentioned in these articles -

JIRA Project ID (V8.5.8) and Basic auth for REST APIs

I could retrieve issue type ID from jira project settings. Is there any way we can make the project key work to simplify the jira integration.

Currently that is not possible. Adding that I think would be a breaking change. You can make a feature request. An easy way to retrieve the project id in the meantime, it’s to use the issue:get operation. That operations supports both, ids and keys.

Thank you @RicardoE105

I will make a separate feature request for this as dynamic fields for project, issue type, assignee and priority makes enhanced user experience and simplify the workflows