I am following the examples of a custom n8n mode from GitHub - n8n-io/n8n-nodes-starter: Example starter module for custom n8n nodes. in this examples. Tutorial: Build a programmatic-style node | n8n Docs
At the moment I am struggeling with the authentications e.g.
There is a
ICredentialTestRequest section in the ExampleCredentialsApi provider.
Can you guys point me to an example for a classic “web style” based authentication?
- User logs in via Post (sends a Json User/Password)
- Server sends back “a lot of things” - the only relevant item is a cookie with a short lifetime
- Every call needs to decorate a header with this cookie
Every example I found is somehow based on an API Token with “long” lifetime.
So here is what I would love:
- Something just being able to run an “authenticater” if the cookies are used and are “to old” and store them as credentials.
- Use a login befor every call (lass nice performance) and grab the cookie.
Maybe the issue is solved?
At the moment I am mitigating with a custom workflow (but this is bad).