Lookup Row in a Google Sheet

Hello people,
I’m new to 8n8 (got it set up on my own VPS, Docker on Hetzner cloud, 0.204.0) and am learning. I’m trying to figure out how to perform a “lookup google sheets row”. I saw a thread exactly about that here: Find and update a key row where the awesome MutedJam shared a workflow. However I see the “lookup key” Google Sheets module which simply doesn’t exist for me and I also can’t find it in the community modules. I do apologize for the newbie question but how do I actually get that?
Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 11.32.38

(I obviously looked through the docs as well and can’t find mention of this function which seems pretty basic)

1 Like

Hi @Ilya_Gurman,
welcome to n8n, nice to have you onboard :slight_smile:
Do you just want to retrieve the value of the row or also update it?

Hi, thanks!
Only to retreive that row based on a value, then utilize another cell’s content from a different column of that same retreived row (if found) in further nodes.

ok @Ilya_Gurman
to retrieve one (or more) row(s) with a given value you should use the Read rows operation.

Then you can use "Filters” to filter the list of rows, selecting a lookup column and the lookup value.

In “Options” you can also change the “When Filter Has Multiple Matches” settings, that allows you to get only the first match (always returns an item), or all the matching rows (could return more than one item).

Check the workflow here:

(the embedded n8n workflow is interactive, double click on the node to see the settings)

Hope it helps, let me know if that solves your problem!

Perfect I got it all working, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.