Matrix credentials invalid after sign-out

Is it possible to add a note to Matrix | Docs stating that if we sign-out from the matrix client where we copied the credentials, the access token becomes invalid?

It took me a hard time to figure that out

Hey @Couto!

Thanks for pointing this out. To make sure that I understand this right, if you create your credentials from a machine, add them to n8n, and sign out of Matrix from that machine, the credentials become invalid?

Exactly, that’s what’s happening to me.
Unless I’m getting the wrong credentials, which I don’t think I am.

Also, I really mean sign-out. It’s ok to close the client app. So in my case I just opened app.element.io, signed in with my “bot” account, and closed the tab.

1 Like

Thanks! Ideally this shouldn’t happen. I will test it and add a note in the docs. You can also contribute to the documentation: GitHub - n8n-io/n8n-docs: n8n Documentation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Couto!

I couldn’t replicate the issue. I signed out of the Element app, and still, my credentials are perfecting correctly. I even executed the node with the same credentials and it works for me. Can you walk me through the steps you took while getting the access token? Can it also depend on the Matrix server configurations?