Microsoft Excel Online - How to find the workbook and table?

Hi everyone,

Thank you again for the support you give to this community. I am very impressed!

I am now testing a workflow, in wich I retrieve some information from a web page with different HTTP requests. The last node of my workflow is a “SET” node, in order to get all these data ordered and filtered.

The collected information should then be inserted into a table of an excel file I saved in my sharePoint.
To do so, I firstly registered the application in the “Azure portal” as explained in the documentation. I suppose that every “microsoft node” needs one single registration in the portal right?
But my questions are: How do n8n knows where to find the right workbook or table? Is there any admin issue I should be aware of? (I am allowed to register the applications in Azure but I always need an admin confirmation to get access/connection for my node).

For now I am finding no items in the excel node (see pictures) even though it seems connected.

Kind regards,

Lara

Hey @lcda1,

There seems to be a bug with the node. I connected my account and tried the Get All operation, but no workbook got returned.

@RicardoE105, can you look into this?

1 Like

Hi @RicardoE105 and @harshil1712,

Could you solve the problem?
What was issue?

Kind regards,

Lara

Hey @lcda1,

I tested again with v0.150.0 and it seems to work as expected. The Workbook > Get All operation returns the expected data. The Table > Get Columns operation also seems to work as expected. Can you update n8n and test it again? If you’re still facing the same issues, can you please provide logs?

Not sure if this is just stupidity on my part, but I’m unable to get the Worksheets to populate under the Excel node both on version 145 and 157.1. Workbooks seems to work fine. Here’s a quick screen cap (from version 157.1) I did to show what happens. When I enter in the file ID for the workbook, it doesn’t return any data either.