Microsoft Outlook Trigger Node

It would help if there was a node for: Microsoft Outlook Trigger Node

My use case:

Microsoft will soon stop the support of IMAP to get email from Office mail box (cf : “In September 2021, we announced that effective October 1, 2022 , we will begin disabling Basic authentication for Outlook, EWS, RPS, POP, IMAP, and EAS protocols in Exchange Online. SMTP Auth will also be disabled if it is not being used. See full announcement: Basic Authentication and Exchange Online – September 2021 Update.”).
This will prevent EmailReadIMAP node from working with Microsoft Office mail box, and the Outlook node is not a Trigger Node.

Any resources to support this?

Are you willing to work on this?

I’ve got no skills in this domain, so I could not help.

Hi @tguillard1, welcome to the community!

This is a sound request, thanks so much for sharing. Just to make sure you’re aware, you can already implement a “pseudo-trigger” if you like by combining an Interval node with the regular Outlook node (which is able to fetch emails from Exchange online/MS365). An example workflow (fetching unread messages and then marking them as read) would be here: IMAP Email - Error: LOGIN failed - #2 by MutedJam

1 Like

Hello,

I am in the same case as you. It would be interesting to have a Microsoft Outlook/Exchange trigger to interact with a mailbox in order to be able to use the workflows after the IMAP block by Microsoft.

Hi,

Thanks for this fast answer !
I will try it and i’ll tell you if it works, thanks for the tips.

2 Likes