Most workflows are not completing

Describe the problem/error/question

For the last 18 hours or so pretty much all workflows are hanging and do not complete execution. I had the same problem yesterday, I deleted the uncomplete executions, and today the same thing is happening again. What is causing this issue?

What is the error message (if any)?

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.21.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): queue
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • Operating system:

hello @Martin_Neumann

Can you provide an example of the ‘hanged’ workflow? And what you will see if you stop any execution and then jump into it?

Here is one of the workflows that is most called right now:

When I kill the workflows, the execution data looks fine, it seems most workflows were executed. I have copied the workflow to a different n8n instance and it seems to work fine there.

Note that this version is almost three months old. Please update to the latest version first and see if the problem remains.

I hesitate to do an update now during my launch, since there are always additional issues coming up when doing an update. My other instance is on 1.16.0 and seems to be working better. But if there is no solution to the problem, I need to experiment with newer versions.

Hey @Martin_Neumann,

I have seen workflows sit like that when worker nodes are not running, Can you check that your workers are running if you have queue mode enabled and check the outputs of them to see if there are any errors.

The containers were all up and running. I finally decided to upgrade to a newer version which resolved at least this problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.