Moving from AI Beta back to production n8n questions

I have been playing with beta version of n8n that includes the Lang chain features. I have created a few test work flows. The Beta version is buggy though (mainly nodes getting disconnection from each other) and affecting my production workflows so I want to move back to the production version of n8n (self hosted) and I have a few questions

1. What is the best way to move back?
  2. What will happen to the langchain flows I have created?
  3. Is there a target date for the langchain nodes to be included in production n8n?
  4. Will non langchain worflows that I have created in the beta version be affected by moving back to production?

Hi @Robm, I am sorry you are having trouble. Are you on the latest version of the ai-beta image? iirc the nodes disconnecting problem should be fixed back.

As for moving back, you should be able to simply replace the old ai-beta image with the regular latest image again. The langchain flows will of course no longer work since the regular image does not have access to the langchain nodes. Other workflows should still work though.

I do unfortunately not have an ETA as to when the langchain functionality becomes part of the regular n8n image though. Perhaps @oleg knows more here?

Thanks @MutedJam

2 follow on questions

Will my langchain flows still be listed in my work flow list, but obv. not be functional or will they just be gone? I am hoping they will be listed and will start working once the lang chain nodes move into production…

How do I get the latest beta version? I am not being prompted to upgrade inside of n8n as usual.

Hi @Robm,

Will my langchain flows still be listed in my work flow list, but obv. not be functional or will they just be gone? I am hoping they will be listed and will start working once the lang chain nodes move into production…

Yep, that’s pretty much how it works. As an example this is a workflow I’ve created using the ai-beta image:

This is how it looks when opening it with the regular 1.15.2 version of n8n:

So it still appears in your workflow list (and you can even open it), but the langchain-specific nodes won’t be functional.

As for the upgrade it depends on how exactly you have deployed n8n. If you are using docker run commands for example it’d be enough to stop/remove your existing container, run docker pull n8nio/n8n:ai-beta to pull the latest version of the image and finally start a new n8n container using the n8nio/n8n:ai-beta image.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to answer so completely. You rock!

I used Docker so will follow your steps.

Do you think once the langchain nodes are moved to production, the lang chain nodes built in the beta would start working?

1 Like

Yes, I very much expect this to work :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.