Multiple Retry for Failed Workflow Execution

Hi,

As we click on the retry it starts the retry process from the failed workflow execution, Now let say my retry execution also gets failed and If I again click on the retry then where it starts from : It start from the original failed execution or the last retried failed execution for the same execution

Problem Statement : Let say my first retry for the execution passed 2 more nodes and it gots failed then I want to retry from the last retried failed executions

Hi @aashish.jain, @marcus explained the retry logic recently over here:

Meaning n8n will retry the execution from the beginning rather than from the middle of your workflow (even if the first nodes previously executed successfully). You might want to leave a vote on this feature request suggestion additional retry options: Add retry from node

@MutedJam As per the document , Retry of any workflow starts from the beginning so I have 2 doubts here

1. What is point to save failed workflow
  2. Let say If I am doing any post operation from the node and if retry starts again from the beginning then my all the post operation will be duplicates, How we can solve such scenarios
  1. What is point to save failed workflow

To understand why a workflow has failed to execute as expected.

1. Let say If I am doing any post operation from the node and if retry starts again from the beginning then my all the post operation will be duplicates, How we can solve such scenarios

I understand your problem, but you’re asking for an n8n functionality that doesn’t exist (hence the link to the respective feature request on which you probably want to leave a vote). So you will need to handle de-duplication on your end, for example as part of your workflows.

1 Like

@MutedJam We have tested this at our end and found out that It is not executing the previously successful nodes, Here our confusion is you are saying it will run from the beginning but in our case it is not executing the successful nodes

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding - you’re right of course, I just tested this first hand.

So you might want to raise a separate feature request with the exact retry behaviour you’d like to see then, because right now you can’t configure it beyond the existing options.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.