Multiple users unique domains

Multiple users unique domains.

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to to set up N8N in such a way that there are multiple domains on a single install. I am trying to figure out a structure which will allow me to have

1. A unique domain name for a unique user / multiple domain names for a single installation.
  2. Or to listen for webhooks on multiple domains, then using queue mode send all those workflows to a more powerful computer for processing.

Like this.
website/user 1 webhook -\
website/user 2 webhook ----- queue mode → worker1 / workers 123
website/user 3 webhook -/

or maybe

website/user 1 webhook dedicated queue mode-\
website/user 2 webhook dedicated queue mode ----> worker1
website/user 3 webhook dedicated queue mode -/

Any Ideas…

this is really coming about to address surges every n8n instance currently needs to be installed with 8gb - 16 gb of ram to address manually triggered surges like synchronization loops, but nominally each instance only needs like 2 gb of ram. So I am trying to figure out how to accomplish that while maintaining reasonable separation between instances for security reasons.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 197.1 (awesome release!)
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): postgres
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: docker (cloudron right now but may switch)

Hi @roofboard

I am trying to understand why you want separate domains for users.
Could you explain why you would like to do this? Especially why create extra complexity when you can simply use the user management functionality to have users have their own space in your instance?

An Idea would be to have separate instances all adding to a single redis in queue mode. and then have worker nodes that handle these tasks.
Same can be done for webhooks I guess. As longs as they all use the same redis server. Not sure if it well mess things up, but is worth a shot.

Only thing is that when users develop they cannot be using 16GB if those user instances didn’t get these resources. All depends on your setup right. :slight_smile: