Multiple users unique domains.
I am trying to figure out if it is possible to to set up N8N in such a way that there are multiple domains on a single install. I am trying to figure out a structure which will allow me to have
- A unique domain name for a unique user / multiple domain names for a single installation.
- Or to listen for webhooks on multiple domains, then using queue mode send all those workflows to a more powerful computer for processing.
website/user 1 webhook -\
website/user 2 webhook ----- queue mode → worker1 / workers 123
website/user 3 webhook -/
website/user 1 webhook dedicated queue mode-\
website/user 2 webhook dedicated queue mode ----> worker1
website/user 3 webhook dedicated queue mode -/
this is really coming about to address surges every n8n instance currently needs to be installed with 8gb - 16 gb of ram to address manually triggered surges like synchronization loops, but nominally each instance only needs like 2 gb of ram. So I am trying to figure out how to accomplish that while maintaining reasonable separation between instances for security reasons.
Information on your n8n setup
- n8n version: 197.1 (awesome release!)
- Database you’re using (default: SQLite): postgres
- Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
- Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: docker (cloudron right now but may switch)