\n too present when writing to binary file

I am trying to write my site’s downtime to the disk with “move binary data” and “write binary file” but when it writes the binary file It outputs "\"\\n\\n07:30 - Status: Offline\"\n08:00 - Status: Offline" instead of "07:30 - Status: Offline" "08:00 - Status: Offline" I can’t find a way to make it not do this and would appreciate guidance.

Hey @cixastra!

Can you share the workflow? I tried it on my end and it works for me. Here’s my sample workflow:

Yes, my workflow is here. I don’t know how to fix this.

Thanks for sharing the workflow. Unfortunately, I can’t replicate the issue since I don’t know what information is present in the file that you’re reading.

In one of my workflows, I am using the following Function node to generate the binary data. Maybe this might help

The code is getting the items from the previous node and converting it to binary data.

I am converting a string for my downtime. Basically it generates a string for the downtime based on the old downtime then writes it to the disk. But I get the \n things when it is only supposed to be words.

I have decided to go with google sheets to store the data instead :slight_smile:

1 Like