N8N and XPath click based automation, or browser automation

I searched for some keywords relate to browser automation with n8n but seem hard to find.
There are a lot of cases I believe that using XPath for clicking on a specific place on the website is better.
For example: searching a keyword on Twitter by XPath with browser is better than using the API which is cost you thousand of dollars per month.
Or other problem with posting on social media platforms
But… don’t know where to do with n8n.
So, do you know and can suggest me some documents or ideas about this.
It seems a stupid question because the way of doing automation on n8n is different to those browser automations. But hope that can see a spark about this.
I’m not a coder, so if possible, please suggest some thing can learn without advance code.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @mivtool,

We don’t support xpath at the moment but we do support css selectors in the html node, But this probably wouldn’t help as Twitter / X blocks simple web scraping so you would need to use something like Puppeteer or Browserless to control a headless browser to get the data you are after assuming the service you are using allows it.

1 Like

Thanks Jon
Leme check it, your answer help a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.