N8N AWS EKS (k8s) Deployment Scaling Guidelines

Describe the issue/error/question

We followed “Hosting n8n on Amazon Web Services” deployment guidelines to deploy n8n. However, we couldn’t find proper scaling documentation.

The documentation says that EKS cluster is best for scaling purposes but documentation does not give information about how to effectively scale & autoscale our cluster. When/how do we need to decide whether to apply vertical and/or horizontal scaling?

will it be enough to increase number of n8n replicas? or do we need to follow any other documentation? How will the webhooks get affected If I increase the number of replicas? do I need to consider “Queue” mode, if yes, what changes do I need to make?

where can I get more information to configure autoscaling?

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.217.1
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): postgresql
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: AWS EKS Cluster (Kubernetes)
1 Like

Hey @dervish,

Welcome to the community :tada:

If you want to scale out as well you would also need to follow our queue mode documentation which will involve creating an external database and redis instance that you configure the main instance to take to.

You would then need to create another n8n instance for each worker and webhook worker you need and these are the 2 parts that can be autoscaled as needed.

Queue Mode: Configuring queue mode - n8n Documentation

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.