N8N Instance throwing errors after Upgrade to 1.1.1

Describe the problem/error/question

Every Subsequent Execution ends up in failure, pointing to a column ExecutionEntity.data that does not exist, Migration was successful, earlier version was 0.231

Please share your workflow

All Workflows after upgrade to 1.1.1

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.1.1
  • Database :: Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • Running n8n: Docker (ECS)
  • Operating system: Amazon Linux 2 (aarch64)

Hey @Roney_Dsilva,

That is a bit of a worry, we did remove that field so it makes sense it is not there but it shouldn’t error :thinking:

Are you using queue mode at all?

Hi @Jon,
yes am using it in Queue mode, and have verified that all the worker and webhook instances are running 1.1.1.

Hey @Roney_Dsilva,

Oddly my first thought is you probably do have one worker that is using an old version, Are all of your worklfows showing that message or just a few?

Hi @Jon,
All Workflows are throwing the same errors, also the worker Instance seam to be not throwing any errors.
I have stopped the Webbook instances to narrow down the problem.
Currently, I can only see the errors on the main instance logs.
Manually triggered executions seem to work fine

Also from the logs, I noticed that the subsequent success flows are happening when the worker handles the execution, and when the main instance handles it, those throw this error

Which log are you checking?

Docker Logs

Interesting, I don’t see the same error on my setup… So this is happening on Webhook and Scheduled workflows but not on workflows that are manually triggered, Does that also apply to manual webhook triggers?

Webhook and Scheduled Workflows aswell, some passing others failing

Manual triggers work fine.
Also, my other setup using same workflows and settings works fine, only difference is that the other instance is on amd64 arch , the one giving issues is on aarch64, would that have any affect?

Also, I noticed that this doesn’t happen in regular mode, only in queue mode, reverified worker instance is using 1.1.1, even the logs show the same version.

Resolved, for some reason it was an older version of Redis causing this, after updating redis issue resolved.

1 Like

Hey @Roney_Dsilva,

That is interesting I wouldn’t have thought Redis would have mattered but that is a good find .

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.