N8n not mapping data from previous nodes

n8n isn’t sending data from previous nodes to my backend

i’m looking to have an event listing added to a user’s account and n8n doesn’t seem to pass data from more than 1 previous nodes - I’ve spent hours trying!

Is that the way the platform works - or is that a bug? I’m using the latest self hosted version of n8n

getting the row’s user ID and create the event listing works but when I try to use it along with the converted expiry date (from epoch earlier) so it usable , it doesn’t.

If i pass the expiration date along to the user listings table it works and vice versa, but I can’t have them work in one node at once.

This is urgent, I really need help with this…I’ve spent 24 hours trying to resolve this

it keeps giving me an undefined error when the data is mapped properly with values showing.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

n8n version: 1.33.1
running n8n on cloudron

Welcome to the community @karibevents!

I assume the problem is that you have the Merge Node (with the name “Merge”) configured wrong.
You have it set to “append” which appends the items, so you end up with two different items. Each of them has then one piece of information you need and that is why it fails.

What you want, is Mode: "Combine" | Combination Mode: "Merge by Position".
Like that you will get only one item with the combined data.

I changed it but it’s still not allowing to map data from more than 1 node

i’m trying to have it map all those values but they’re on different nodes

Probable best to:

• remove all existing expressions on that node
  • execute all nodes up to that node
  • set expressions new via drag and drop
1 Like

I resolve it. Thanks guys

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.