N8n on Azure VM

Hello !

I would like to upload n8n on my Virtual Machine on Azure. I’ve been searching a tutorial or tips, however, I don’t find a single person who did this and I am pretty much lost.

Thank you everybody!

Hi @HBS_France,

The location of the VM doesn’t really matter, You can follow any installation guide depending on if you want to use Docker or NPM.

Hello Jon,

Thank you for answering.

The thing is that I don’t know what I want to do myself, I just want the easier or the cheaper way, I am very new to this.

Greetings

Hi @HBS_France

The easiest way is to use n8n cloud.

Hello BramKn

I already use this but I need to deploy n8n on Azure for another project. I already am paying for Azure as well.

Thank you !

Hey @HBS_France,

Both NPM and Docker methods are fairly easy but I would say if you have nothing else installed on your azure vm I would take the docker route as our example compose image comes with a reverse proxy to handle the SSL certs so you don’t need to worry about it.

https://docs.n8n.io/hosting/server-setups/docker-compose/

No matter what option you take though you will need to make sure you are comfortable with the administration of it so updating, restarting and all that fun stuff. Personally I use docker for the instances I set up as I find it easier.