N8n stability question - slow json view loading

I have installed n8n on my proxmox home server (very old machine) , and later on tried the same on vps and docker. It works good mostly ( I had some issues with webhook testing which resulted in freezes but fixed it)
My main concern right now is loading times when trying to open JSON of “bigger files”, my vps install takes around 30 sec to open 0.3mb file while it opens instantly on home server.
I dont know where to look for source of the problem.
The vps :
CPU
2x 2.4 GHz
RAM
4 GB
SSD
50 GB

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

hello @Kamil_Muras

That may be the reason

And you didn’t specify where the database is stored. Is it also inside the VPS?

yes its on the same vps. I just dont know if this works fast bacuse its on home server , or it works slow on vps because its supposed to be that way. I was asking if it should take 30sec to load 0.3mb of json.

I have doubts about that. But there might be various issues. It can be a local VPS problem, or a connectivity issue, or something with the n8n in the VPS setup. Is it configured with docker there?

You can also open the dev console (f12) and check what is happening in the Network tab during the JSON opening. If there is a network issue, you will see a lag (increased time). Like this one

And check what happens with the VPS memory while you are browsing the JSON file

1 Like

Thank you, It was my first approach to n8n and did not know if this is a normal behavior or not. Now I know It wasn’t, and have just reinstalled everything, and now It works perfectly fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.