N8n update questiion?

I update to the latest n8n 0.153.0 , but the old one still there?

I have to remove the old one and install n8n again … someone could help me?

last time I update to 0.152.0 the same problem, remove and install again…

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:

That is normal because n container can be running at the same time. What might happen it’s that If you start a new container with the old container running (unless you change the port using -p), the second container will crash because it will try using the same port. Stop the “old” container from the Docker desktop UI and start a new container using the latest n8n image. Are you persisting the data using volumes? Because If you do not do that, the data will be lost when you delete it.

Thansk, the data all lost last time after updated to 0.152.0

ok, thanks again, I try.

If you are not familiar with docker, I will encourage you to use n8n desktop. With it, You do not need to worry about these things.

I know, but thers is problem with me when using desktop app , help me and look at here:

thanks in advance.

Have you considered n8n cloud?

not yet… I will try…

Your data is probably being lost because you don’t have a volume set from the host to the container which persists the data.

What are you running the container on is it portainer?

Thanks @Jon
for everytime I use n8n,i do this step:
1-- First click on the docker icon in the lower right corner of windows 11 to open docker.
2–If the image is not running, let it run first…
3–Open the browser, http://localhost:5678/

you mean I need to make new volume

Hey @makechinafreedom,

Yeah I think that step may have been missed, If you check the options you pass to the container did you ever map anything to /home/node/.n8n inside the container?