N8n upgrade for ChatGPT assistant

Hello, I would like to know when the updates to be able to communicate again with the chatgpt assistants were going to be deployed?
Since the update of open ai it is impossible to use the assistants because you have to integrate “OpenAI-Beta: assistants=v2” into the header
THANKS

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

hello
n8n version 1.4
Database: default
n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): i don’t know
Running n8n via npm

• Operating system: Microsfot windows server 2022 datacenter

Thanks @Thim_Ber for posting, moving this to the feature request section! :sunflower: Make sure to vote!

1 Like

Hi @Thim_Ber,

As far as I understand it, the latest(OpenAI-Beta: assistants=v2) version of Assistants API shouldn’t break the functionality of v1 but rather enhance the functionality(with some breaking changes), for example the OpenAI Vector Stores.

I’ve just tried to create a new assistant with access to files from both OpenAI interface and n8n. In both cases, I was able to message the assistant and receive appropriate responses, so this functionality should still work.
Could you please elaborate on the issues you’re having with messaging your assistants?

With the new gpt-4o model, it seems the v2 is required for this model to work. Using the OpenAI Assistant node and a gpt-4o based assistant, I get an error directing to this page https://platform.openai.com/docs/assistants/migration.
Both V1 and V2 may be possible for assistants running on earlier models, but for assistants with retrieval (now file_search) etc on the new model, it looks like it is V2 only.
Doesn’t seem possible to use OpenAI Assistant node for assistants using gpt-4o and tools currently.

1 Like

This is fixed now with the latest release.

1 Like