Need help deploying to server

Hello,

I’m new here, this has been incredible over the last few days playing with this software, I’ve cloned the n8n git repo from GitHub - n8n-io/n8n: Free and open fair-code licensed node based Workflow Automation Tool. Easily automate tasks across different services. locally and removed all the nodes as I stripped it back to add my own custom nodes and then add a few original nodes afterwards to keep it simple, I’m now looking to deploy to a server, I was hoping heroku would be easy to do, I had previously cloned a git repo made specifically for n8n and heroku but I couldn’t access the nodes folder to add my own custom nodes, does anyone have any advice on how to deploy my local version with my custom nodes?

Hey @Joshua_Riley!

Welcome to the community :sparkling_heart:

You can build the Docker image for your repo and use that. The other way is to clone the repo on the server and run it using PM2. I hope this gives an idea on how you can move forward :slight_smile:

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, how would I go about using PM2 with n8n?

Hey! You find out on our documentation here: https://docs.n8n.io/reference/setup-pm2.html

This seems like it only works with the default n8n from npm, how can I use this for my own n8n local version with custom nodes?

To run your repository you will have to run PM2 from that folder. The documentation of PM2 will guide you much better :slight_smile: