Need help moving my workflow to the cloud

Hi all,

I’m new to this community, but also to any kind of coding. I was looking to find a free alternative to Zapier where I could send an update to Slack any time a particular column in a Google Sheet was updated. I’ve never really coded before - I created a macro in excel, but that was it, and even that was pretty basic.

Thanks to a lot of youtube videos, trial & error, and luck, I built a successful workflow using this platform, but I noticed last night that:

1. it only works when I have Docker open; and
  2. it only works when my laptop is open.

As I need this workflow to run all the time, and not just when my laptop is open, I need help moving it to the cloud (I assume this will solve the problem). If you answer, please explain it like you would to a 5 year old who knows absolutely nothing about any of this. I use a MacBook, and I didn’t even know it had a Terminal prior to this experiment, so that’s the level of “expertise” you’re dealing with here.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Michael

Hello @mbkaplan3 welcome to the community!

I guess your best bet is to wait for our hosted version which should become available in the next 1-2 months. There you can then simply sign up with your email address and the rest will be taken care of.

If you need it more urgently you would have to get your own virtual server from providers like DigitalOcean, Vultr or similar and then follow our guide here:

Ok, thanks! Unfortunately, I really need it in the next 2 weeks, so I’ll try to figure out how to work it here. Appreciate the help!