No connection to Filemaker

I just installed N8N (latest version) first time on Win Server 2022 as the desktop version.
The Filemaker Server 2023 lates version sits on the same machine.
I simply connected the first run manual node to the Filemaker Node, and I am not able to connect.
After 2 hours trying any kind of combination but no luck.

Here are my combinations:

Machine:
localhost
192.168.0.2 (machine IP)

user and pass:
FMS admin, new users any variantions, like user:tester pass:tester
file: test or test.fmp12
db: test

When I run it, N8N tells me could not connect or alike.

Besides of the not so cler description for the credentials, its actually very easy.

But no way, 2hs gone

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @GutN8N :wave: Just to make sure I’m fully understanding you here - are you running the desktop version of n8n? How have you installed n8n?

I ask only as the desktop version of n8n has been deprecated, so you’d need to look into other self-hosting options instead.

Yes, as I wrote its the Desktop Verion “I just installed N8N (latest version) first time on Win Server 2022 as the desktop version.”.

Ok, good to know, then I will install the Server Version.

Could you please write a sign next to the Desktop version thats its not current and deprecated, this could save peeple alot of time.

Hey @GutN8N,

It should already mention that, can you share the page you found the desktop version on?

1 Like

The Solution was to not install the Desktop Version as its deprecated.

I installed the current Version of N8N on Ubuntu 20.4., and I got it working within 3h all inkl.

For all who want to connect to on Premise Filemaker Server, here are the correct settings:

Host: use full qualified domain like “my_local_domain.de” which also needs a veryfied SSL certificate wihch works localy. Your server IP wont work.

Database: “your_fm_file.fmp12” and not just “your_fm_file”

Login: the FM Databse Login not your FMS Login

Without these informations you are completly helpless.

1 Like

I got the download from Get started with n8n
It looks like one of 3 versions you suggest, I spent like 3h for nothing.

Please make it clear that this version is old and not suggested of whate every makes sense.

How did you even find that page, I thought we had deleted it a long time ago. I will get the web team to remove that page, When we stopped supported it we did post about on here, in our docs and on the site at the time this is just a case of a page existing that shouldn’t thanks for finding the link.

Yes it was a bit weird, first trough Google, and then it also came up from going from the Startpage to the “Get Started” Page. I know there is this sognup page and I also saw that a couple times, but several times it did not came up and I had direct acces to the page with the 3 Items incl. the desktop version.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.