Notion & Google Calendar Sync

Hi everyone!

Did any one create a Notion - Google Sync workflow and would be so kind to share their wisdom?

thanks in advance!
Christian

Hey @Christian_Haake!

Welcome to the community :sparkling_heart:

Can you share more details on what kind of workflow you’re looking for?

Hi @harshil1712 !

Thanks a lot!

That I want to do is, pretty much a sync workflow in to different scenarios:

1. if Meeting added to gCal add page to database with basic information included. (Date/time, title, Link)
  2. if Time Block added to gCal add page to database with information included. (Date/time, title, custom field) if note added - vice versa

Thanks a lot in advance and Greetings form the “Westcoast” of Germany!
Christian

Hey!

Did you check the documentation? There we have added an example that shows how you can use the Calendly Trigger node and add information to Notion. This, however, only works if you’re using Calendly. If you want to use Google Calendar, you will have to use Polling for that.

Syncing the from Notion to Google Calendar would be simpler. For that, you can use the Notion Trigger node.

Hi!

thanks for the response!

I will check that out. Maybe we could build a sync template that works out of the box with notion and GoogleCall or Caldav

Requirements:

• Check for new event with X string in the next 15days (Cal)
    → check if new
    → Create page in X database (notion)
  • update event with url of the notion page in Cal in the notes section

interval every 30 min

What do you think?

You idea sounds perfect. That’s something that I would do. But while talking to some community members I learned a new way to trigger workflow using Google Script. You can trigger the workflow when an event is created, updated, or deleted in Google Calendar. I haven’t tried out the solution to the fullest, but I was able to trigger my workflow when a calendar event was created/updated/deleted.

Once you have that information, you can then add it Notion.

However, for Notion, you will have to still use polling and check for events at a certain time interval.

Let me know if you need any help building this. We can share it on the workflows page!