OAuth Authorization Error - Zendesk OAuth2 API Credential

No problem at all :+1:

Hello @Jon
Any update regarding this issue?
What’s the current status of this? (aka. Planned for the furture, In progress, etc…)

Hey @hasanhw,

We have been chatting internally about this one, It is currently sat with our head of engineering so we should have an answer soon.

1 Like

Hello @Jon and @MutedJam,

First of all thanks again a lot for your effort to look into this.
I created a PR as a proposal fix for my issue that I’m facing. Please let me know if this can be taken into consideration.

Hey @hasanhw,

Thanks for that, I have put a link to the PR on the internal ticket we have to see what they come back with :+1:

@Jon Sorry for nagging / spamming you but is these any expected timeline for the review?

PS: I’m not so familiar on how much time does such things take that’s why I’m asking

Hey @hasanhw,

It looks like it was reviewed internally but the PR only covers one endpoint for one case rather than removing the requirement fully for authentication on that end point. It looks like the engineer was going to a chat about it this week to work out the best way to handle it.

Are you still using the older version for now?

No actually we updated our instances to 0.172.0 and waiting for a fix
(we couldn’t downgrade to old versions since we are also using bunch of the new versions’ features)

Updated:
PS: I left a more detailed explanation on the reasons of why I used the current approach here

That is pretty much what they came up with around the middleware.

Out of interest is it embed you are using?

Can you explain more what you mean? You mean embeding the n8n dashboard as an iframe somewhere?

There are 2 different versions of n8n from a licensing view, Embed is the commercial version so offering n8n services for different users from your install of n8n or your own product.

Oh that is interesting, I never realized this is available until this moment.

Answering your question:

No we are not using embed.

1 Like

@Jon Shall I try to create a PR for the middleware?
or there is no need for me here? :see_no_evil:

Hey @hasanhw,

No need it is something we will handle internally.

1 Like

Just had an update, Our engineering head has had a call with 2 of our senior devs to go over it and there is a plan in place it is just a case of working out if there is any security impact.

1 Like

Hey @hasanhw,

Just had an update, We have a PR open here: Open oauth callback endpoints to be public by krynble · Pull Request #3168 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub that should be merged in fairly soon that should resolve this problem and it will allow your users to use the callback URLs.

1 Like

@Jon Great news! :tada: Looking Forward to it!

Thanks a lot with all your support! :pray:

1 Like

Got released with [email protected]

1 Like

Again thanks a lot on all of your efforts :pray: