Describe the issue/error/question
I just had the problem 20 minutes ago, that the data I get from Pipedrive with the “Get Many Pipedrive Deals” node changed at least one key name.
The key is called
won_time in the API, an hour ago it was still called
Gewonnen am and now it’s called
I’ve got the option “Resolve options” enabled in this case, which I suspect is the culprit here.
I’ve just learned, that that option not only resolves custom fields from Pipedrive to their name.
It also resolves all standard field from their English name from the API to the in our case, German name which is used in the UI. (At least that’s my guess)
Is there anything I misunderstood with this option?
Probably the only solution here is to not use the “Resolve options” option and use the randomly generated keys for custom field names?
For completeness, here’s the node I use in this case:
Information on your n8n setup
n8n version: 0.218.0
Database you’re using (default: SQLite): MySQL
- Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: docker
So my understanding there is when resolving the data we will use whatever the friendly field name is in the UI of Pipedrive which if it is likely to change will cause some issues in your workflow so the generated one is probably the best thing to use if it is likely to change.
maybe there should be an option in the node to only resolve custom fields, and/or a disclaimer that there is a possibility that friendly names can change over time.
Maybe I’ll look into making a pull request in the future with an update for the Pipedrive node, as I need a few features which are currently missing from the Pipedrive node (:
It looks like it should only be custom properties that get resolved but maybe something has changed in the API, It looks like we do have the below help text but maybe we can make that clearer.
By default do custom properties get returned only as ID instead of their actual name. Also option fields contain only the ID instead of their actual value. If this option gets set they get automatically resolved.
I confirm, Pipedrive changed the API and the field’s name. I also have an issue with all my n8n workflows using the option “Resolve Properties”. We spoke with them by chat, the IT team is looking to fix this but this is going to take several days.
For me the best option to avoid this issue, would be to use the fields id (not resolved), but to have the values resolved. This would be a mix of what we have now.
I’ve changed all my Pipedrive nodes to not resolve the properties, as they changed the names again in the last 3 days.
Maybe a cool feature would be to make a “semi resolve properties” where it only shows the resolved name over the item itself and it the backend it uses the correct ID.
But that probably would need quite some work to realize in n8n.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.