Could we have an integration for Pocket, please?
Could you please explain the use case you are looking for?
I am primarily looking for the following use-cases…
- ‘Add’ articles/URLs to the service, to be able to create something like a reading list out of different articles sources. E.g. email, RSS feeds etc.
- ‘Retrieve’ saved articles from the service to be able to get summarized details of URLs added, like article excerpt, thumbnail etc.
Other APIs calls like modify are just good to have and not essential.
Does this help?
@ajayjohn yeah this is helpful. Thanks very much. Will implement this soon.
Thank you so much!
Can I also request that you have a look at Tasker and Join Integration, please?
It will open up some awesome use-cases to trigger n8n workflows based on events on an Android phone and vice-versa.
Sure I will check it out as well. @ajayjohn
Just checked the Pocket API and sadly they use a variant of OAuth2 which is yet not supported by n8n. So that this will take a little bit longer than usual. Either way I will keep you posted.
Ah, I see. Understood.
Thanks for looking into this anyways.
Is there any update on this now that the OAUTH functionality has been added? This would be really handy for personal article pipelines. Specifically the ability to add articles to my pocket account with tags
@Helithumper Sadly pocket uses a variant of OAuth2. We just added support for the ‘standard’ OAuth2 and OAuth1.a.
What are the differences these days?
I’d love to help. I really need to have pocket support.
Just wanted to add my +1 to this request, would love to have Pocket integration!
+1 Pocket is an essential part of my workflow and I could help in contributing.
+1 for integration with Pocket
Any chance this has been integrated?
I found easy way to make API calls for Pocket.
- Create app in Pocket: Log In
- Generate token online here → Authenticate Pocket (i found that link on github repo GitHub - rakanalh/pocket-api: A python wrapper around GetPocket API V3.)
- Make na HTTP Request node with None Auth + add in Query Parameters consumer_key + access_token.
- Duplicate Node and add additional parameters
In case you do not want your consumerkey and token shared over the internet, you can do this in 3 workflows and some copy and paste
NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART
You will need to open 3 tabs for your n8n instance to copy paste between the 3 workflows and an tab for Pocket: Log In and maybe another tab to approve the app
It is complicated but this should give you an idea
After creating the App in Pocket: Log In and getting the “Consumer Key”
Run this manually, it will return a code to be used in Workflow 3
It requires copy pasted values from before and returns the access_token to be used in the API
To parse the data returned - here is a helpful thread Getting individual items from a JSON payload from Pocket API
There is a similar service enabled on N8N for using as workaround?
I want to introduce articles I found on Internet to my workflows