POST http request not working

Describe the problem/error/question

I have used Postman and just wanted to copy a a simple POST request which works fine in Postman to n8n,

My Steps are as follow:
#1 I need a token so I send a POST Request using the HTTP request, this results in a 405, Method not allowed.
(Works in Postman)

#2 I request data using a GUID and the token I just received. (Works fine both with Postman and n8n.

What is the error message (if any)?

• Method not allowed - please check you are using the right HTTP method (405 - “\n405The request cannot be fulfilled as the request method is not supported\r\n”)
  • Execution Error.

Please share your workflow

``(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

## Share the output returned by the last node
<!-- If you need help with data transformations, please also share your expected output. -->

## Information on your n8n setup
- **n8n version:1.20.0, Community edition
- **Database (default: SQLite): (I have no idea)
- **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):Default
- **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker
- **Operating system:Windows 10

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

I have updated the information that is known to me

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:1.20.0, Community edition
  • **Database (default: SQLite): (I have no idea)
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):Default
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker
  • **Operating system:Windows 10

Welcome to the community @TommyK!

Sorry to hear that you have problems. Is there a way for us to reproduce this issue? For example via an open web service so that we can see what is going wrong and either fix or provide a working configuration.

Hi!
There is no public API, though that would have been a really great. You know, I was using Postman and that worked just absolutely fabulous. One problem with n8n was that I could not use any logging capabilities with the CE without connecting to the Licenses server and that was not allowed by our security protocols. I am on Teams if you want to discuss details.

Is there a public API that behaves the same way as the API you want to us? (if the API you want to connect to uses some know standard format)

I don’t think so.
We are running Rest calls towards an instance on prem.
http://testserver.net:1804/Testing/oslc/am/login/

uid=usr1;pwd=psw1;;

in body uid=usr1;pwd=psw1;

Did you try to send the requests via Postman + n8n (not with your original user + password) to https://webhook.site/ to see what is different?

1 Like

I did as you suggested. I did a Testrun on WebHook and it worked from both tools, and then when I went back running against our own Server again it miraculously works! I believe it was the same data both times, but apparently I missed something the first time.
Thanks so much for your patience and support!!

1 Like

Glad to hear! Have fun!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.