Problem in node ‘Summarization Chain‘ Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'pageContent')

Getting error Problem in node ‘Summarization Chain‘ Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘pageContent’)

When using the summarisation chain. Can’t see why?

Share the output returned by the last node

Stack

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'pageContent')
    at RefineDocumentsChain._constructInitialInputs (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/.pnpm/[email protected]_@[email protected]_@[email protected]_@google-ai+gen_l2pdhycmx5ubucgl6yjsjdwoyq/node_modules/langchain/dist/chains/combine_docs_chain.cjs:325:31)
    at RefineDocumentsChain._call (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/.pnpm/[email protected]_@[email protected]_@[email protected]_@google-ai+gen_l2pdhycmx5ubucgl6yjsjdwoyq/node_modules/langchain/dist/chains/combine_docs_chain.cjs:365:42)
    at RefineDocumentsChain.call (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/.pnpm/[email protected]_@[email protected]_@[email protected]_@google-ai+gen_l2pdhycmx5ubucgl6yjsjdwoyq/node_modules/langchain/dist/chains/base.cjs:129:24)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/packages/@n8n/nodes-langchain/dist/nodes/chains/ChainSummarization/V2/ChainSummarizationV2.node.js:337:34)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/packages/workflow/dist/Workflow.js:696:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/packages/core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:656:53

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: self hosted latest beat version
  • Database (default: SQLite): sq lite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • Operating system: Unbuntu

Hi @Robm, I am sorry you are having trouble.

I just tried running your chain with a bit of dummy data and it completes fine for me:

This is with the latest n8nio/n8n:ai-beta pulled just now. Can you confirm if you’re still seeing this problem with the latest image? If so, can you provide an example JSON dataset sent to your Summarization Chain using which the problem can be reproduced?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.