Problem with auhentication

Hey there!

I started to have an issue regarding authentication. The frontend displays the message “Workflow could not be activated: User is authenticated but not connected.” when I try to activate a flow. It happens even after a refresh.

I can see the following error in the logs:

2023-02-14T13:54:36.186Z [Rudder] debug: no existing flush timer, creating new one                                                                                                                                                                                                        
2023-02-14T13:54:36.192Z | debug    | Loaded static data for node "EmailReadImap" {"staticData":{},"file":"EmailReadImap.node.js","function":"trigger"}                                                                                                                                   
2023-02-14T13:54:37.390Z | debug    | Remove editor-UI session {"sessionId":"dft3qdkb3fi","file":"Push.js"}                                                                                                                                                                               
ERROR RESPONSE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Error: User is authenticated but not connected.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    at Connection._resTagged (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/imap/lib/Connection.js:1502:11)                                                                                                                                                                                
    at Parser.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/imap/lib/Connection.js:194:10)                                                                                                                                                                                    
    at Parser.emit (node:events:527:28)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    at Parser.emit (node:domain:475:12)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    at Parser._resTagged (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/imap/lib/Parser.js:175:10)                                                                                                                                                                                         
    at Parser._parse (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/imap/lib/Parser.js:139:16)                                                                                                                                                                                             
    at Parser._tryread (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/imap/lib/Parser.js:82:15)                                                                                                                                                                                            
    at TLSSocket.Parser._cbReadable (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/imap/lib/Parser.js:53:12)                                                                                                                                                                               
    at TLSSocket.emit (node:events:527:28)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
    at TLSSocket.emit (node:domain:475:12)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
    at emitReadable_ (node:internal/streams/readable:578:12)                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:82:21) {                                                                                                                                                                                                              
  type: 'bad',                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
  textCode: undefined,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  source: 'protocol'                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
}                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
2023-02-14T13:54:39.202Z | debug    | Health check started! {"file":"Server.js"}                                                                                                                                                                                                          
2023-02-14T13:54:39.203Z | debug    | Health check completed successfully! {"file":"Server.js"}           

I run the n8n on Google Cloud k8s, with no special configuration and only 1 replica.

Any clues?

Thanks!
Victor

Hi Victor, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I was not able to reproduce this problem on my side by simply adding an IMAP trigger node to my workflow, so without additional details I can’t say for certain what’s happening here.

My first guess would be something preventing the connection to your specific IMAP server from working as it should. Perhaps a firewall or other security feature? Are you also having trouble when activating your workflow on a local n8n instance?

Hey @MutedJam

My flow actually only has a Webhook Node connected to a HTTP Request Node and then to Freshdesk.

The line which says “EmailReadImap” is not related. Sorry it was there.

This seems to be something with n8n authentication itself. I am using a very old version (0.175.0).

Thanks for checking it anyway.

Best,
Victor

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.