Problem with rollups in JSON

I’m trying to pull info from a Notion database but the rollups are comming blank. I’ve already tried to have a formula of a rollup and pull the information from it but that didn’t work. The only instance that worked was when it was a rollup of a page name.

"Unidades Entregues": {
"id": "B%3DQ~",
"type": "rollup",
"rollup": {
"type": "array",
"array": [
{
"type": "number",
"number": null
},
{
},
{
}
],
"function": "show_original"
}
},

This is one example. I’ve come across a post that was talking about the “Simplify Output” button, tested on and off but also didn`t work.

Hi @ZenriK, my understanding of Notion rollups is that they are just data from another page (and use a relation field to do so), but I haven’t used them so far. Are you perhaps able to fetch the data from your related database via the relation field?

I didn’t thought about that, I’ll try and share the result here!

Hello,
Same problem here… rollups value return “show_original”.
I understand that we can dig to the original database and get the data from there, but this is not the point.
Notion is providing this data as a roll up and we should be able to readily access this data.
Zapier and Make do show the actual roll up value instead of “show_original”, so why can’t n8n?

Sinan

If someone passes here, my similar problem was solved when I added N8n as a connection on the related Notion database where the rollups are coming from.
After adding it, rollup values appeared (which should be expected!).

Thanks,
Sinan.

2 Likes

HI!
I have the same problem, but even adding the N8N as a connection on all my notion pages, it didn’t work.