Problems with Airtable Trigger

The Airtable Trigger doesn’t work every time

Is Poll Times necessary to make it work?

I’m looking for a trigger when a record enters an Airtable view. This is my current node :

If I launch the node manually, I get the record.

When I set a polling time of “Every Minutes”, my workfow launched every minute with the same record.
Without polling time it started once with a 15min delay.

Now, with or without polling time, the node does not trigger anymore. I tried with other records / other views, nothing works. I can trigger by hand but nothing starts automatically.
I don’t understand how the node works without Polling Time: does it read information from the table? If so, how often does it read from the table? And if it retrieves a webhook, is it normal to have some delay? How much time at most?

Currently the node does not trigger, with or without the “Polling Time” parameter. Is it possible that this is a problem on the n8n side?

Hi @Nayel-Emil, welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear you’re running into trouble here. Can you confirm which version of n8n you are running? Are your credentials still valid and do all IDs from your screenshot still exist (Base ID, View ID)?

Polling time would simply be the interval in which the node checks for items matching the criteria (in this case whether entries with a Last Modified value since the last polling exist).

Are there any items in your Airtable that have been modified since your workflow was activated? Note that only manual executions would show data right in the canvas, production executions will take place in the background and you would need to look up their data via the execution list.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

For the moment I am on version n8n 0.148.0 and I confirm that my credentials are up to date and that the informations entered on the screenshot are up to date.

Indeed, in my workflow I make modifications on the trigger that has just been recorded. This affects the “Last Modified” date of the record. Is this what causes an infinite repetition of the trigger?

Note that since a few hours the Airtable Trigger node does not trigger anything, no matter what the parameters are. I’ve done a lot of tests and the node still doesn’t want to trigger anything.

Indeed, in my workflow I make modifications on the trigger that has just been recorded. This affects the “Last Modified” date of the record. Is this what causes an infinite repetition of the trigger?

Yes, since this is the field used by your trigger. You could simply pick a different date though which is not updated continuously.

I am not sure why your trigger node would have stopped working entirely. As a first step, can you try activating your workflow again? Once activated, manually update a record in your Airtable to match the trigger condition and see if it gets picked up on the next run.